- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Robert Pearman Jr.
CARMI, Ill. -- Robert Pearman Jr., 75, of Carmi, formerly of Olive Branch and Tamms, Ill., died Saturday, July 27, 2002, at the White County Medical Center in Carmi.
He was born Sept. 13, 1926, in St. Mary, Mo., son of Robert and Ethel Smiley Pearman Sr. He married Frieda Sissom.
He was a former switchman with the railroad.
Survivors include his wife of Cape Girardeau; four sons, Terry and Thomas Pearman of Carmi, Rodney Pearman of Cairo, Ill., and Jack Pearman of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Rhonda Denton of Cairo and Sheila Davis of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Marcell Sissom and Thelma Smiley of Olive Branch; a brother, Lloyd Pearman of Chaffee, Mo.; and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 10 a.m. Monday until the funeral service at 1 p.m. at the Jones Funeral Home in Tamms with the Rev. Billy Don Heady officiating. Burial will follow in the McCrite Cemetery in rural Tamms.