- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Emma G. Yeckley Wilkins, 84, of Jonesboro, Ill., died Saturday, July 27, 2002 at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Feb. 22, 1918 in Goreville, Ill., daughter of Brad Durham and Ethel Hudgens Durham.
She was married to Gus Yeckley, who preceded her in death. She was later married to Donald Wilkins, who also preceded her in death.
Wilkins was a retired cook and waitress.
Survivors include a daughter, Shirley Corzine of Anna; a son, C.B. Yeckley of Anna; two stepsons, Roger Wilkins of Jonesboro, Ill. and Carl Wilkins of California. Also surviving are 10 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild. Two brothers, Billy Lee Durham and Thomas Ned Durham, both of Goreville, Ill., also survive.
Wilkins was preceded in death by one sister, three brothers, two grandsons and a great-grandson.
Friends may call at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 2:30 p.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 4 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.