- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MILL CREEK, Ill. -- Albert Lloyd Smithey, 59, of Mill Creek died Friday, July 26, 2002, at Union County Hospital.
He was born Aug. 25, 1942, in Granite City, Ill., son of Albert L. and Ada E. Wilson Smithey. He and Nora M. Smiddy were married Dec. 23, 1962, in Corinth, Miss.
Smithey was a route salesman 30 years with Lewis Brothers Bakery in Anna, Ill. He was a member of Mill Creek Baptist Church.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1960 to 1962.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Charles Smithey of Anna, Anthony Smithey of Jonesboro, Ill.; a sister, Joann Adams of Elco, Ill.; and six grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Hileman and Parr Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Buddy Walls officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery, with military rites conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 of Anna.