- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Donald L. Lamer, 43, of Carbondale died Thursday, July 25, 2002, at Memorial Hospital.
He was born Aug. 14, 1958, in Anna, Ill., son of Marvin D. and Loretta A. Clutts Lamer.
Lamer was a former assembler with Transcraft Corp. in Anna. He played minor league baseball three years with the St. Louis Cardinals organization.
Survivors include a son, Joshua Lamer of Benton, Mo.; his parents of Carbondale; and a brother, Larry Lamer of Carbondale.
He was preceded in death by grandparents.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden, Ill., after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Nyle Forby and Roger Glasco officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.