- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
GORDONVILLE, Mo. -- Jeremy Lee Pender, 20, of Gordonville died Thursday, July 25, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 29, 1982, in Cape Girardeau, son of Gary B. and Tanyea L. Bradshaw Pender.
Jeremy worked at Welker Fencing Co. in Cape Gir-ardeau. He was an avid outdoorsman. When he was 14 years old he was one of the youngest members asked to join the Missouri Wood Carvers Association. He was of the Catholic faith.
Survivors include his mother, Tanyea L. Welker of Cape Girardeau; his father, Gary B. Pender and wife Brenda J. Pender of Jackson, Mo., father, Larry J. Welker and wife Shelly Welker of Gordonville; a brother, Clint B. Sinn of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Jessica Pender and Nichole M. Welker of Cape Girardeau, Erica J. Quade of St. Louis, and Lori A. Quade of Jackson.
Also surviving are maternal grandparents, Joyce Cashman and Larry Miller of Scott City, Mo., Don E. Bradshaw of Warsaw, Mo.; paternal grandparents, Anna M. Pender of North Fort Myers, Fla., Glen J. and Florence Welker of Cape Girardeau; maternal great-grandfather, ArthurJ. "Buck" Sexton of Benton, Mo.; paternal great-grandmother, Anna C. Graham of Cape Girardeau; numerous aunts, uncles, nephews and nieces.
He was preceded in death by his paternal grandfather, Robert H. Pender, in 1983.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday. A prayer service will be held at 7, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating.
The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. The Rev. Charles Prost will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or Christian Children's Fund.