- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)3
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
Jesus' promises give comfort when news is bad
To the editor:
Remember the song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"? A lot of folks are having a hard time singing this song in recent days. With the bad news from Wall Street and the rising cost of health care, many are at their wit's end. I hear the fears being expressed almost daily.
This tells me some people have built their house on the wrong foundation. Jesus says all those who come and listen and obey him are like a man who builds a house on a strong foundation laid upon the underlying rock.
In Luke, chapter 6, Jesus says, "What happiness is there for you who are poor, for the kingdom of God is yours! What happiness there is for you who are now hungry, for you are going to be satisfied! What happiness there is for you who weep, for the time will come when you will laugh with joy! What happiness it is when others hate you and exclude you and insult you and smear your name because you are mine! When that happens, rejoice! For you will have a great reward awaiting you in heaven."
Jesus says don't worry, be happy. May I encourage you to grab hold of what you have just read. Take it to heart. It will lift you out of the darkness and into the light.