- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)4
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Judge denies dismissal motion; embattled sheriff remains out of office for now (5/28/17)1
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
Jesus' promises give comfort when news is bad
To the editor:
Remember the song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"? A lot of folks are having a hard time singing this song in recent days. With the bad news from Wall Street and the rising cost of health care, many are at their wit's end. I hear the fears being expressed almost daily.
This tells me some people have built their house on the wrong foundation. Jesus says all those who come and listen and obey him are like a man who builds a house on a strong foundation laid upon the underlying rock.
In Luke, chapter 6, Jesus says, "What happiness is there for you who are poor, for the kingdom of God is yours! What happiness there is for you who are now hungry, for you are going to be satisfied! What happiness there is for you who weep, for the time will come when you will laugh with joy! What happiness it is when others hate you and exclude you and insult you and smear your name because you are mine! When that happens, rejoice! For you will have a great reward awaiting you in heaven."
Jesus says don't worry, be happy. May I encourage you to grab hold of what you have just read. Take it to heart. It will lift you out of the darkness and into the light.