- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Military jet crashes in Arkansas
PRIM, Ark. -- A fighter jet practicing aerial maneuvers crashed in north-central Arkansas Friday and its pilot was hurt after parachuting into a tree, authorities said.
The pilot, the only person on board, was found dangling from a tree by his parachute shrouds and flown to a hospital, said a State Emergency Management Department spokeswoman.
A state police spokesman said rescue crews kept in contact with the pilot by radio.
The pilot appeared to have badly injured a knee and had cuts and bruises, said Prim Ambulance Service emergency medical technician Kendall Dodson.