- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)7
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Military jet crashes in Arkansas
PRIM, Ark. -- A fighter jet practicing aerial maneuvers crashed in north-central Arkansas Friday and its pilot was hurt after parachuting into a tree, authorities said.
The pilot, the only person on board, was found dangling from a tree by his parachute shrouds and flown to a hospital, said a State Emergency Management Department spokeswoman.
A state police spokesman said rescue crews kept in contact with the pilot by radio.
The pilot appeared to have badly injured a knee and had cuts and bruises, said Prim Ambulance Service emergency medical technician Kendall Dodson.