- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police: Men chase woman, fire shots, apologize for mistaken ID when mom arrives (06/17/16)14
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
- Freshman from Southeast Missouri ropes in state title (06/16/16)
Military jet crashes in Arkansas
PRIM, Ark. -- A fighter jet practicing aerial maneuvers crashed in north-central Arkansas Friday and its pilot was hurt after parachuting into a tree, authorities said.
The pilot, the only person on board, was found dangling from a tree by his parachute shrouds and flown to a hospital, said a State Emergency Management Department spokeswoman.
A state police spokesman said rescue crews kept in contact with the pilot by radio.
The pilot appeared to have badly injured a knee and had cuts and bruises, said Prim Ambulance Service emergency medical technician Kendall Dodson.