- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Policeman arrested for selling ammunition to Palestinians
JERUSALEM -- An Israeli policeman has been arrested on suspicion of selling ammunition to Palestinians, police said Thursday, raising to ten the number of suspects detained in the case.
The latest suspect, Eran Mulai, lives in a Jewish settlement enclave in the West Bank, as did others already arrested in the same case, police spokesman Rafi Yaffe said.
Police have said that they believe the suspects sold some 50,000 bullets for M-16 automatic rifles to members of the Tanzim, a militant Palestinian group. Israel blames the group for dozens of lethal attacks, including many shootings that have targeted Jewish settlers.
Mulai was doing his three years of compulsory military service in the police.