- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Policeman arrested for selling ammunition to Palestinians
JERUSALEM -- An Israeli policeman has been arrested on suspicion of selling ammunition to Palestinians, police said Thursday, raising to ten the number of suspects detained in the case.
The latest suspect, Eran Mulai, lives in a Jewish settlement enclave in the West Bank, as did others already arrested in the same case, police spokesman Rafi Yaffe said.
Police have said that they believe the suspects sold some 50,000 bullets for M-16 automatic rifles to members of the Tanzim, a militant Palestinian group. Israel blames the group for dozens of lethal attacks, including many shootings that have targeted Jewish settlers.
Mulai was doing his three years of compulsory military service in the police.