- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Nancy Jane "Janie" Carter, 78, of Sikeston died Wednesday, July 24, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 14, 1923, in Sikeston, daughter of Clarence Albert and Bertha Brown Hutcheson. She and William Cecil Carter were married Jan. 13, 1945, in Sikeston. He died Nov. 6, 1998.
Survivors include a son, Cecil Carter of Sikeston; a daughter, Darla Brasfield of West Memphis, Ark.; four brothers, Billy Hutcheson of Kenosha, Wis., Ted Hutcheson of East Prairie, Mo., Frank Hutcheson of Fulton, Mo., Paul Hutcheson of Weaverville, Calif.; two sisters, Mackie Seagraves of Sikeston, Sue Shadwell of Wappapello, Mo.; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Avon Racckowski officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.