- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JACKSON, Mo. -- Elva Ann Powell, 90, of Wickliffe, Ky., died Wednesday, July 24, 2002, at Jackson Purchase Medical Center in Mayfield, Ky.
She was born Jan. 21, 1912, at Morley, Mo., daughter of Henry Frederick and Josephine Julius Barr Trost. She and Thomas L. Powell were married May 27, 1933. He died Feb. 6, 1978.
Powell lived in Jackson more than 50 years, moving to Kentucky in May 2001. She was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
Survivors include two sons, Thomas Powell Jr. of Wickliffe, Mike Powell of Jackson; a granddaughter; and a stepgrandson.
She was preceded in death by eight brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Immaculate Conception Church. Msgr. Edward Eftink and the Rev. David Dohogne will officiate. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.