- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Melinda Marie Haupt, 70, of Jackson died Monday, July 22, 2002, at her home.
She was born May 10, 1932, in Jackson, daughter of Charles S. and Malinda Lehmann Evans. She and John G. Haupt were married May 22, 1949. He died April 10, 1995.
Haupt was a lifetime member of St. Paul Lutheran Church and formerly active with Roberts 4-H Club.
Survivors include three sons, Chuck, David and Lee Haupt, all of Jackson; a daughter, Linda Lowes of Sikeston, Mo.; two sisters, Jessie Kamp of Jackson, Genevieve Bordato of Detroit, Mich.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson after 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Henrichs officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.