- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Police, EMTs and firefighters deserve thanks
To the editor:
To the individual who thought police officers and firefighters get unfair coverage: I respect your opinion. However, I hold these people in the highest regard. These individuals are underpaid and underappreciated. Every day they are called out to risk their lives to save someone else's without a second thought. I respect anyone who is willing to risk his life for mine or one of my loved ones.
It's sad, though, that the only time they are truly recognized and appreciated is when they have lost their lives or have come close to it. I would like to thank every police officer, firefighter and emergency medical technician for the work they do. God bless you and your families.