- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Police, EMTs and firefighters deserve thanks
To the editor:
To the individual who thought police officers and firefighters get unfair coverage: I respect your opinion. However, I hold these people in the highest regard. These individuals are underpaid and underappreciated. Every day they are called out to risk their lives to save someone else's without a second thought. I respect anyone who is willing to risk his life for mine or one of my loved ones.
It's sad, though, that the only time they are truly recognized and appreciated is when they have lost their lives or have come close to it. I would like to thank every police officer, firefighter and emergency medical technician for the work they do. God bless you and your families.