- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Police, EMTs and firefighters deserve thanks
To the editor:
To the individual who thought police officers and firefighters get unfair coverage: I respect your opinion. However, I hold these people in the highest regard. These individuals are underpaid and underappreciated. Every day they are called out to risk their lives to save someone else's without a second thought. I respect anyone who is willing to risk his life for mine or one of my loved ones.
It's sad, though, that the only time they are truly recognized and appreciated is when they have lost their lives or have come close to it. I would like to thank every police officer, firefighter and emergency medical technician for the work they do. God bless you and your families.