- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Business Notebook: New rooftop restaurant to be atop Marquette Tower (1/8/18)2
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
Police, EMTs and firefighters deserve thanks
To the editor:
To the individual who thought police officers and firefighters get unfair coverage: I respect your opinion. However, I hold these people in the highest regard. These individuals are underpaid and underappreciated. Every day they are called out to risk their lives to save someone else's without a second thought. I respect anyone who is willing to risk his life for mine or one of my loved ones.
It's sad, though, that the only time they are truly recognized and appreciated is when they have lost their lives or have come close to it. I would like to thank every police officer, firefighter and emergency medical technician for the work they do. God bless you and your families.