- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Joe and Melinda Branstetter of Ironton, Mo., and Tom Martin of Baltimore, Md., announce the engagement of their daughter, Anna-Marie Nicole Martin, to Brian Daniel Beard. He is the son of Dan and Debbie Beard of Cape Girardeau.
Martin is a 1999 graduate of Arcadia Valley High School. She expects to receive a bachelor of science degree in secondary education/Engish from Southeast Missouri State University in December. She will be teaching at South Iron R-1 in Annapolis, Mo., this fall.
Beard is a 1998 graduate of Central High School. He expects to receive a bachelor of science degree in secondary education/science from Southeast University in December. He will be teaching at South Iron R-1 this fall, and will serve as head baseball coach next spring.
An Aug. 10 wedding is planned in St. Joseph's Chapel at Arcadia Academy in Arcadia, Mo.