- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Chris Santschi and Belinda Santschi of Festus, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Shea Lea Santschi, to Jeffrey Scott Brune. He is the son of Brad and Kathie Brune of Cape Girardeau.
Santschi is a 1994 graduate of Festus High School, and received an associate's degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a registered nurse at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
Brune is a 1992 graduate of Central High School. He received a bachelor of arts degree in political science and a master of public administration degree, both from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. He is executive director of Cape Girardeau County Transit Authority.
A Sept. 21 wedding is planned at First Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau.