- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hanover Lutheran Church was the setting May 4, 2002, for the wedding of Erin Jo Brotherton and Shaun Garrett Craig. The Rev. Mark Martin performed the double ring ceremony. Organist was Judy Foeste of Cape Girardeau. Soloist was Jeff Dillow of Scott City, Mo., uncle of the bride.
Parents of the couple are Jerry and Jacque Brotherton and Norman and Emma Craig, all of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Amy Friese and matron of honor was Amanda Lee, both of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Heather Abernathy, Kara Scruggs, sister of the bride, both of Cape Girardeau; Julie Craig of Anna, Ill., sister-in-law of the groom; and Sonya McKinney of Plano, Texas, sister of the groom.
Kurt Craig of Anna served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Casey Cook, Shane Halter, Chad Dougherty, cousin of the groom, Rocky Sabbatini, all of Cape Girardeau, and Brandon Craig of Jackson, Mo., nephew of the groom. Ushers were Kirk Bouse of Springfield, Mo., and David Dillow of Scott City, cousins of the bride, and Eric Hasty of St. Louis.
Flower girl was Taylor Scruggs, daughter of Darin and Kara Scruggs and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Cole Craig, son of Kurt and Julie Craig and nephew of the groom.
Candlelighters were Alexa and Taylor McKinney, daughters of Sonya McKinney and nieces of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Taryn Scruggs and Ashley Dillow.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and dance was held at Bavarian Halle. Servers were Jennifer and Kristen Bouse, cousins of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 3 at Port Cape.
Mrs. Craig is a graduate of St. Louis Community College at Meramec. She is employed at Everything Pets Animal Hospital.
The groom is a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. He is employed by Hershey Foods.
After a wedding trip to Cancun, Mexico, the couple resides in Kirkwood, Mo.