- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Classic country charm Gordonville home is reminiscent of trip t
Almost everyone has memories of a country home from their childhood. Perhaps it was Grandma's house, where long hours were spent on the front porch either watching the world go by, or watching it stand completely still.
The Gordonville, Mo., home at 322 Ridgetop in Shady Brook Estates is like a modern version of Grandma's house. It has country charm, but it also has modern maintenance and convenience.
This home has classic white siding and green shutters, but the difference between it and Grandma's is that this house has vinyl siding. It will never have to be repainted.
It also has the same long porch, perfect for rocking chairs and lemonade.
Just inside the entryway is an open living room and dining area, utilizing light colors and large windows to maximize space. The kitchen is one of the home's nicest features. It is large and perfect for keeping families together during meal-preparation time and meal time. The pecan-stained oak cabinets and decorative touches give the kitchen a country feel. A large, informal dining area adjoins the kitchen.
This home has five bedrooms, three full baths and one half-bath, all tastefully decorated.
The home also features a main-level laundry, a wealth of large closets and storage areas, and an oversized two-car garage that houses a well-organized workshop area.
A finished basement features a large family and entertainment room. A built-in entertainment center is the centerpiece of the room. The downstairs area is set up for easy installation of a wet bar or a second kitchen, which would make the home perfect for multi-generational families that need separate living spaces for family members.
Just outside the kitchen area is a large multi-level deck with an inset above-ground pool for entertaining family and friends. The deck is surrounded by white lattice-work, which acts as a privacy fence. A lattice-rose arbor in back also adds to the home's classic charm.
The home sits on one acre of land, which lends endless possibilities to landscaping and gardening enthusiasts. A small patio is located to the side of the house, just outside the downstairs family room.
This country charmer, located in the Jackson School District, is available through Divine Homes Realty, 339-0488. It is listed at $169,900.