- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mistrial develops in murder case
ST. LOUIS -- After the jury deadlocked, a judge declared a mistrial in the case of a St. Louis man accused of killing a woman by shooting into a crowded station wagon.
Ladarold Ford, 23, was charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of Lashari Buchanan, 20, in July 2001. Police said they believe she was not the intended victim.
Police said Buchanan was one of eight people in the station wagon when Ford allegedly fired into the car.