- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Leonard Lawrence Scheffer, 59, of Chaffee died Thursday, July 18, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 11, 1943, at Charleston, Mo., son of Lawrence Edward and Adella Marie Heisserer Scheffer.
Scheffer was a bricklayer with Ervin Eichhorn and then was a clerk at Rhodes 101 in Chaffee. He was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and St. Ambrose Men's Club in Chaffee, and Knights of Columbus Council 4311 in Oran, Mo.
Survivors include six brothers, Fred Scheffer of Hermann, Mo., Michael and Joe Scheffer of Cabot, Ark., Marion and Patrick Scheffer of Chaffee, Martin Scheffer of Scott City, Mo.; three sisters, Beatrice Mashek of Scott City, Carolyn Crites of Chaffee, and Theresa Simpher of New Hamburg, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 7 and Knights of Columbus prayers at 7:15.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in Texas Bend Cemetery near Charleston, Mo.