- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Colonel Hawk Sr.
ANNA, Ill. -- Colonel A. Hawk Sr., 76, of Anna died Thursday, July 18, 2002, in Union County Hospital.
He was born Jan. 6, 1926, at Makanda, Ill., son of Joseph Wesley and Dorothy Hogg Hawk.
Hawk retired as a security officer in the Peoria, Ill., area, and had been a bus driver with Cobden Unit School District.
He was a member and elder at First Presbyterian Church in Cobden, member and past commander of Jackson County DAV Chapter 69, member of American Legion Post 259 in Cobden and Carbondale VFW Post 2605.
Hawk was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War.
Survivors include a daughter, Diana Utzinger of Peoria; two sons, Colonel "Ike" Hawk Jr. of Grand Tower, Ill., Darrell Hawk of Cobden; a sister, Polly Williams of Cobden; 14 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, and Monday until service time.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Richard Ryman officiating. Burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery at Makanda, with military honors conducted by Jackson County DAV Chapter.