- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- John H. Jarrett, 66, of Advance died Thursday, July 18, 2002, at his home.
He was born Nov. 9, 1935, in Tunica, Miss., son of James Thomas and Ollie Coleman Jarrett.
John had been manager at Kentucky Finance, Personal Finance, Warehouse manager at Georgia-Pacific and had worked at Wib's Drive-In. He was a member of First Baptist Church and Cape Optimist Club. He was a member of Parents Without Partners and Beginning Experiences.
He was in the U.S. Army from 1952 to 1959, serving with the 101st Airborne during the Korean War.
Survivors include two daughters, Judy Hoffman and Jill Lewis of Jackson; two sisters, Kathleen Young Green of Memphis, Tenn., Faye Garner of Mobile, Ala.; four grandchildren, Danielle Hoffman, Emily Hoffman, Graham Hoffman and Sarah Lang, all of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sons, two sisters, two brothers and a grandchild.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at Ridgetop Cemetery in Crofton, Ky.
Memorials may be made to Make A Wish Foundation of Missouri, 1510 W. Elfindale, Springfield, Mo. 65807, or charity of one's choice.