- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Brune hired as transit director
JACKSON, Mo. -- A former legislative assistant to the Cape Girardeau County Commission will manage the county's transit operation.
The county's five-member Transit Authority hired Jeff Brune of Cape Girardeau as its executive director and planner. Officials announced the hiring on Friday.
"I have a good base in transportation," said Brune who helped organize the Transit Authority. The county commission established the authority two years ago to help coordinate and improve public transit services.
Brune served as legislative assistant to the county commission for 2 1/2 years ending in December 2000.