- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
DELTA, Mo. -- Carol Leon Crowden, 69, of Delta died Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at his home.
He was born March 15, 1933, in Lamar, Ark., son of Mary Crowden Ferguson. He and Nadine King were married Dec. 3, 1955.
Crowden was a retired self-employed farmer, and retired as an inseam trimmer at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Peggy Steimle and Stephanie Uhrhan of Chaffee; two brothers, Clayton Lee of Marble Hill, Mo., Junior Ferguson of Walden, Ark.; a sister, Kay Cox of Kansas City, Mo.; seven grandchildren, including Brian Steimle of Delta whom the Crowdens raised; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery near Delta.