- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Cigarette butt, DNA help police crack case on 2013 Cape copper heist (7/17/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Navy SEALs endorse Peter Kinder for governor (7/17/16)10
Defense lawyer appeals verdict in kidnap-slaying
KARACHI, Pakistan -- A defense lawyer asked a Pakistani appeals court Wednesday to overturn the convictions of three Islamic militants in the kidnap-murder of Wall Street Journal correspondent Daniel Pearl.
In a petition filed with the High Court of Sindh province, attorney Rai Bashir said the case against Salman Saqib, Fahad Naseem and Shaikh Adil was "false and baseless."
They were convicted Monday and sentenced to life imprisonment, which in Pakistan means 25 years.
Bashir does not represent the fourth defendant, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh.