- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/24/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Israeli warplane bombs Gaza metalworks
JERUSALEM (AP) -- An Israeli warplane bombed a Gaza metalworks Wednesday night, and Israel said the factory was used to make weapons for the militant Islamic group Hamas.
There were no injuries but the bomb did considerable damage, Palestinian residents said.
The factory was at the entrance to the Mughazi refugee camp in central Gaza. Resident Hassan Jabber said several Israeli F-16 warplanes circled over the area, and one dropped a bomb on the factory, causing a huge explosion.
In a statement, the Israeli military said the factory was used to make mortar bombs and rockets for Hamas. "Because of the increase in firing mortars in recent days, the factory was bombed as part of the war against terrorist infrastructure," the statement said.