- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)23
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Israeli warplane bombs Gaza metalworks
JERUSALEM (AP) -- An Israeli warplane bombed a Gaza metalworks Wednesday night, and Israel said the factory was used to make weapons for the militant Islamic group Hamas.
There were no injuries but the bomb did considerable damage, Palestinian residents said.
The factory was at the entrance to the Mughazi refugee camp in central Gaza. Resident Hassan Jabber said several Israeli F-16 warplanes circled over the area, and one dropped a bomb on the factory, causing a huge explosion.
In a statement, the Israeli military said the factory was used to make mortar bombs and rockets for Hamas. "Because of the increase in firing mortars in recent days, the factory was bombed as part of the war against terrorist infrastructure," the statement said.