- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- The funeral for Toby Wayne Bass of Jackson will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. The Rev. Jim Hogue will officiate. Burial will be in Hobbs Chapel Cemetery in Cape Girar-deau.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Bass, 32, died Wednesday, July 10, 2002, at his home.
He was born June 24, 1970, at Chaffee, Mo., son of Joe and Clara Conklin Bass. He and Mary Smith were married July 1, 2000.
Bass was a graduate of Central High School in Cape Girardeau and attended Southeast Missouri State University.
He was a self-employed carpenter. He previously worked at Dana Corp. and BioKyowa in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife; parents of Pocahontas, Mo.; two sons, Jarad and Jason Smith of the home; and a brother, Terry Bass of Pocahontas.