- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Jacob Carl "Jake" Ishmael, 80, of East Prairie died Friday, July 12, 2002, at his home.
He was born Sept. 30, 1921, at East Prairie, son of Harry O. and Chessie B. Zook Ishmael. He and Ruth T. Nall were married June 23, 1953.
Ishmael was a retired truck driver.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Elmo Ishmael of Salt City, Utah, Harry Lee Ishmael of Chaffee, Mo., two daughters, Chessie Keene and Donna Shands both of East Prairie, Mo., two sisters, Lillian Emig of St. Charles, Mo., Alice Bell of East Prairie; 16 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by one son, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 6 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home chapel, with Bill Bradley officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.