- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Emelia C. Meyer, 92, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, July 12, 2002, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Sept. 3, 1909, at Dutchtown, Mo., daughter of Alvin E. and Clara Siemers Feuerhahn. She and Wilson Meyer were married Oct. 17, 1935, at Gordonville, Mo. He died April 28, 1989.
Meyer worked with her husband in farming and raising cattle. She was a member of Hanover Lutheran Church, Ladies Aid, Drama Club and Zion Orchestra.
Survivors include a brother, Ray Feuerhahn of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 6 p.m. today, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday and at Hanover Lutheran Church after 1 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the church, with the Rev. Jeffrey Sippy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.