- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
religion calendar 7/13
St. John's United Church of Christ near Fruitland, Mo., will celebrate its 125th anniversay Sunday. Worship is at 10 a.m. and will be followed by a basket dinner at noon. The church will provide meat, bread and beverages. Following the meal, there will be a service at 1:30 p.m. at the cemetery. The choir also will perform. A reception will follow that service.
Jubilaires Quartet with Gerry McCloud Jr. will peform at 6 p.m. Sunday at Father's Arms Fellowship in Scott City, Mo.
The New Creations Choir from Teen Challenge International Mid-America will peform a concert at 6 p.m. Sunday at Lynwood Baptist Church.
The United Methodist women of Third Street Church will meet at noon for a meal at Ryan's Family Restaurant. The meeting will be held after lunch in the church recreation hall.