Over my dead body
Friday, July 12, 2002
These are the 10 songs Carolyn R. Thomas of Thebes, Ill., wouldn't want to live without:
1. "Color My World" -- Chicago
I can get lost in the music of this beautiful song.
2. "We Can Work It Out" -- The Beatles
Brings back memories of my first serious love.
3. "Would I Lie to You?" -- Charles & Eddie
I love this song. Makes me happy when I'm sad. I play this song every time I am feeling down.
4. "He Stopped Loving Her Today" -- George Jones
The ultimate love song.
5. "November Rain" -- Guns N Roses
Brings back memories of a very special evening.
6. "How Great Thou Art" -- Elvis
He uses his beautiful voice to bring this song home to me. It gives me chills when I hear it.
7. "Sherry" -- The Four Seasons
My beautiful daughter is named Sherry. The song was popular before she was born.
8. "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" -- Simon & Garfunkel
Beautiful, haunting song. Has special personal meaning to me.
9. "Maggie Mae" -- Rod Stewart
I like anything Rod sings, but this song remains my favorite.
10. "Honky Tonk Women" -- The Rolling Stones
When this song comes on the radio, I feel like stopping my car and getting out and dancing. I don't, of course. I do, however, turn the radio up full blast. Will try to avoid your neighborhood when this happens.
The Southeast Missourian wants to publish your list of the 10 songs you could not live without.
Please include a short explanation of each title's importance.
Write to: A&Leditor Sam Blackwell, Southeast Missourian, P.O. Box 699, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63702.
n E-mail: sblackwell@ semissourian.com.
Include your name, mailing address and phone number (for verification).