- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mary LaVerne Kirn, 89, of Perryville died Monday, July 8, 2002, at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in Long Beach, Calif.
She was born May 13, 1913, at Brewer, Mo., daughter of Joseph and Lydia Riney Grass Sr. She and Edwin B. Kirn were married May 13, 1935, at Brewer. He died July 15, 1996.
Kirn was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Ladies Sodality, and Western Catholic Union.
Survivors include two sons, Nelson and Phillip Kirn of Perryville; three daughters, Nina Rivera of Long Beach, Alma Kirn of Springfield, Ill., Linda Brewer of St. Charles, Mo.; 15 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, four sisters, and two brothers.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin P. Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.