- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mary LaVerne Kirn, 89, of Perryville died Monday, July 8, 2002, at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in Long Beach, Calif.
She was born May 13, 1913, at Brewer, Mo., daughter of Joseph and Lydia Riney Grass Sr. She and Edwin B. Kirn were married May 13, 1935, at Brewer. He died July 15, 1996.
Kirn was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Ladies Sodality, and Western Catholic Union.
Survivors include two sons, Nelson and Phillip Kirn of Perryville; three daughters, Nina Rivera of Long Beach, Alma Kirn of Springfield, Ill., Linda Brewer of St. Charles, Mo.; 15 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, four sisters, and two brothers.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin P. Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.