- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
The Devil Rays placed infielder Russ Johnson on the restricted list and activated pitcher Ryan Rupe from the 15-day disabled list.
The Rockets signed their second first-round draft pick, Slovenian forward Bostjan Nachbar, to a multimillion dollar contract.
Top seed Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario advanced to the quarterfinals of the French Community Championships, easing past Gala Leon Garcia 6-2, 6-3. Second seed Barbara Schett defeated Libuse Prusova 6-4, 6-0.
So that's why she lost?
Anna Kournikova and her boyfriend, singer Enrique Iglesias, had a lively -- if not raunchy -- night before she lost a Wimbledon doubles match Saturday, the New York Post reported this week.
In fact, London tabloids said that the "moaning and screams" were so loud in their hotel room that managers "had to send someone up to their room to tell them to keep it down."
Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post: "This just in. The Yankees, in an attempt to further bolster their pennant hopes, have acquired the Tampa Bay Devil Rays."
-- From wire reports