- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two brothers face charges in St. Louis bank robberies
ST. LOUIS -- Two brothers arrested at the scene of a police standoff this week each have been accused of robbing a St. Louis bank, federal prosecutors said Thursday.
The government alleges that Joseph Shields, 25, drove the getaway vehicle while 29-year-old Leslie Shields robbed a FirstBank site on June 10. Nine days later, authorities said, Leslie Shields robbed a local Royal Bank location. The brothers are from Lebanon in south-central Missouri.
In both holdups, investigators said, Leslie Shields showed tellers a handgun in his waistband.
Both brothers have implicated each other in the FirstBank robbery, authorities said.
The men are in federal custody and are scheduled to appear in court next week.