- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Alfred "Al" Laurentius, 73, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, July 7, 2002, at his home.
He was born Nov. 21, 1928, at Glennon, Mo., son of Joe A. and Mary Elizabeth VanGennip Laurentius. He and Rose Marie VanGennip were married Aug. 21, 1954, at Leopold, Mo.
Mr. Laurentius graduated from Bell City High School and served in the U.S. Army from 1951 to 1953.
He worked for Standard Oil Co. 19 years and retired in 1998 from MFA Oil Co. after 22 years of service. He was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and Knights of Columbus Council 1111.
He is survived by his wife, Rose; four sons, Gary Laurentius of Fruitland, Mo., Randy Laurentius of Cape Girardeau, Jim Laurentius of Chesterfield, Mo., Rick Laurentius of Caruthersville, Mo.; a daughter, Shirley Niswonger of Cape Girardeau.
Also surviving are four grandchildren, Jeremy, Kelli, Dan and Lisa Laurentius, all of Fruitland; a brother, Leon Laurentius of Jackson, Mo.; and a sister, Jane VanGennip of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son, Ray.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7, followed by Knights of Columbus Council 1111 rosary.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with Msgr. Richard Rolwing officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.