- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Police investigate death of infant
Cape Girardeau police are investigating the death of an infant Monday morning.
About 8 a.m. Monday, the Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded to a report of an infant who was not breathing at 615 N. Spanish St. After attempts to revive William Crawford, 5 months, emergency workers took the child to Southeast Missouri Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy was performed on the child Monday night at Mineral Area Hospital in Farmington, Mo.
Cape Girardeau County Coroner Mike Hurst said the cause of death was undetermined, but that more lab work will be done.
A Cape Girardeau police spokesman said the investigation is continuing.