- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
U.S. convoy returning from hospital fired on outside Kandahar
BAGRAM, Afghanistan (AP) -- A U.S. military convoy returning from the hospital in Kandahar was fired on late Tuesday on the outskirts of the city and one U.S. soldier was wounded, a military spokesman said.
Col. Roger King said the Americans had been visiting the hospital where victims of a U.S. air attack Monday were undergoing treatment. Their vehicles came under fire about 1.5 miles outside the city.
One soldier was shot in the foot and was undergoing treatment at a clinic at the U.S. base at Kandahar airport, King said.
Afghans traveling with the convoy returned fire, but King said he did not know if they hit any targets.