- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The funeral for Jonathan Kyle Spence of Sikeston will be held at 2 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home. The Rev. Tom Geers will officiate, assisted by Tanner Fritz.
Spence, 16, died Saturday, June 29, 2002, from injuries received in an automobile accident.
He was born March 12, 1986, in Sikeston, son of Brenda Spence of Sikeston.
Spence was a junior at Sikeston High School, where he was a member of the varsity golf team, Spanish Club and Math Club. He had been treasurer of the Spanish Club, served on the Student Council, and was a member of the wrestling team his freshman year. He was a member of Miner Baptist Church.
Survivors include his mother; and grandmother, Syble Kelley of Sikeston.
He was preceded in death by his grandfathers.