- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Rosemary Layton, 82, of Perryville died Sunday, June 30, 2002, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born April 4, 1920, in Perry County, daughter of Louis and Mary McLain Gibbar. She and William L. Layton were married Sept. 17, 1942. He died April 25, 1992.
Layton was an assembler at International Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church at Silver Lake, Mo., and American Legion Auxiliary Post 133 in Perryville.
Survivors include two daughters, Rosalie Zoellner of St. Louis, Carole Lukefahr of Perryville; a son, Donald Layton of Perryville; two sisters, Lucille Jannin and Pearl Doll of Perryville; 10 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three sisters, and a brother.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:15 a.m. The wake will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Rose of Lima Church. The Rev. Kevin P. Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.