- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Virginia Louise Babb, 67, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 29, 2002, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Oct. 6, 1934, in Charleston, Mo., daughter of William Andrew and Dorothy L. Weakley. She and Edward G. Babb were married June 11, 1955. He died March 11, 1985.
Babb lived in Mississippi County most of her life. She was a licensed practical nurse at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo., 25 years, retiring in 2001. She attended the General Baptist Church in Bertrand, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Randy Babb of Cape Girardeau, Bill Babb of Matthews, Mo.; a daughter, Pam Bucher of Paducah, Ky.; her mother, Dorothy Blackburn of Glen Allen, Mo.; two stepbrothers, Dale Deck of Glen Allen, Clifford Deck of Rolla, Mo.; two stepsisters, Nedra Peters and Loma Woodfin of Glen Allen; a half sister, Andra Russell of Sevierville, Tenn.; and five grandchildren.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. today at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston. The Rev. Jack Hargrave will officiate. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery near Charleston.