- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area sports digest 7/2/02
Thies pitches Cape Legion team past Calvert City
John Thies pitched his fourth complete game of the season Monday, helping lift the Ford & Sons American Legion baseball team past Calvert City, Ky., 8-5 at Capaha Park.
Thies improved to 4-1 after he gave up four hits and four earned runs in nine innings.
Matt Wulfers was 3-for-3 with a double, triple and two RBIs, and teammate Dustin Tatum was 3-for-3 with a triple and a stolen base -- and eighth-inning slide into home plate for the final run. Seth Hudson was 1-for-5 and drove in the go-ahead run in the seventh.
Calvert City (11-11) scored four runs in the third to take an early lead, but Cape (11-9) rallied to score three in the seventh and led 7-5.
Cape goes to Paducah, Ky., for a game today.
Burnett, Burford win horseshoes event
BENTON, Mo. -- Bob Burnett and Larry Burford won the SEMO Horsehoe Association event Sunday at the American Legion in Benton.
Perry Seys and Terry Rose were second. Herman Campbell and Gary "Goose" Glastetter was third.
-- From staff reports