- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Everett Barnett, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, June 28, 2002, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born April 12, 1912, at Sikeston, Mo., son of David and Hattie Schaefer Barnett.
Barnett worked for the Marquette Hotel in Cape Girardeau for many years. He was of the Baptist faith.
Graveside services will be held at 1 p.m. today at Memorial Park. The Rev. Luther Rhodes will officiate.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.