- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cardinals place Drew on the DL
The St. Louis Cardinals placed outfielder J.D. Drew on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with tendinitis in his right knee prior to the team's game against the Cincinnati Reds.
Drew missed the previous three games, and has not responded to treatment as well as the team had hoped. The move was made retroactive to Friday, and Drew will be eligible to return the day after the team returns from the All-Star break.
On Saturday, manager Tony La Russa said he hoped to avoid making the move.
"We just don't think it's going to get better quickly," La Russa said Sunday. "In the meantime we're losing a spot on the roster and if he played the first part of the week he was still going to be sore.
"We thought, look, now's the time to try to get it well."
The Cardinals recalled utility player Mike Coolbaugh from Triple-A Memphis.