- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BENTON, Mo. -- Ervin Zeno Schaefer, 92, of Burbank, Calif., died Monday, Jan. 21, 2002, at his home.
He was born Nov. 11, 1909, at Benton, son of Adam C. and Carol E. Halter Schaefer.
Schaefer worked at Atlas Powder Co. in Wolf Lake, Ill.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He then made his home in Burbank and was a member of a Catholic church there.
Survivors include a sister, Lucille LeDure of Benton.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
A memorial graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Denis Catholic Cemetery.
Announcement courtesy of Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City, Mo.