- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Gladys Leach enjoyed hearing from her readers
To the editor:
I just want to thank R. Joe Sullivan so very much for the column he wrote about our mother, Gladys Leach. You have no idea how proud she would have been. And knowing that you read her East Carter County news every week -- that was one of her biggest enjoyments, getting mail or phone calls from all around telling her how much they enjoyed the news from home.
We are trying to take one day at a time, but it sure is hard. But I know if we are half as strong as my mother was, we will all make it. Thank you so very much. May God bless you for making our day a little brighter.
Editor's note: Gladys Leach of Ellsinore, Mo., wrote the East Carter County news for two weekly newspapers for over 40 years. She died recently, leaving a large loss for her farflung loyal readers who subscribed to the weekly newspapers to keep up with the news from home.