- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Gladys Leach enjoyed hearing from her readers
To the editor:
I just want to thank R. Joe Sullivan so very much for the column he wrote about our mother, Gladys Leach. You have no idea how proud she would have been. And knowing that you read her East Carter County news every week -- that was one of her biggest enjoyments, getting mail or phone calls from all around telling her how much they enjoyed the news from home.
We are trying to take one day at a time, but it sure is hard. But I know if we are half as strong as my mother was, we will all make it. Thank you so very much. May God bless you for making our day a little brighter.
Editor's note: Gladys Leach of Ellsinore, Mo., wrote the East Carter County news for two weekly newspapers for over 40 years. She died recently, leaving a large loss for her farflung loyal readers who subscribed to the weekly newspapers to keep up with the news from home.