- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Gladys Leach enjoyed hearing from her readers
To the editor:
I just want to thank R. Joe Sullivan so very much for the column he wrote about our mother, Gladys Leach. You have no idea how proud she would have been. And knowing that you read her East Carter County news every week -- that was one of her biggest enjoyments, getting mail or phone calls from all around telling her how much they enjoyed the news from home.
We are trying to take one day at a time, but it sure is hard. But I know if we are half as strong as my mother was, we will all make it. Thank you so very much. May God bless you for making our day a little brighter.
Editor's note: Gladys Leach of Ellsinore, Mo., wrote the East Carter County news for two weekly newspapers for over 40 years. She died recently, leaving a large loss for her farflung loyal readers who subscribed to the weekly newspapers to keep up with the news from home.