- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Gladys Leach enjoyed hearing from her readers
To the editor:
I just want to thank R. Joe Sullivan so very much for the column he wrote about our mother, Gladys Leach. You have no idea how proud she would have been. And knowing that you read her East Carter County news every week -- that was one of her biggest enjoyments, getting mail or phone calls from all around telling her how much they enjoyed the news from home.
We are trying to take one day at a time, but it sure is hard. But I know if we are half as strong as my mother was, we will all make it. Thank you so very much. May God bless you for making our day a little brighter.
Editor's note: Gladys Leach of Ellsinore, Mo., wrote the East Carter County news for two weekly newspapers for over 40 years. She died recently, leaving a large loss for her farflung loyal readers who subscribed to the weekly newspapers to keep up with the news from home.