- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Gladys Leach enjoyed hearing from her readers
To the editor:
I just want to thank R. Joe Sullivan so very much for the column he wrote about our mother, Gladys Leach. You have no idea how proud she would have been. And knowing that you read her East Carter County news every week -- that was one of her biggest enjoyments, getting mail or phone calls from all around telling her how much they enjoyed the news from home.
We are trying to take one day at a time, but it sure is hard. But I know if we are half as strong as my mother was, we will all make it. Thank you so very much. May God bless you for making our day a little brighter.
Editor's note: Gladys Leach of Ellsinore, Mo., wrote the East Carter County news for two weekly newspapers for over 40 years. She died recently, leaving a large loss for her farflung loyal readers who subscribed to the weekly newspapers to keep up with the news from home.