- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
St. Louis man is critical after being hit by lightning
FENTON, Mo. -- A suburban St. Louis man was in critical condition after being struck by lightning as he was getting ready to play a softball game Monday night.
Authorities said the lightning bolt struck Thomas Hanak, 44, in the chest about 5:45 p.m. He was taken to the burn unit of St. John's Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur. No other injuries were reported.
City officials said they planned to review their warning policies for severe weather.