- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Man drowns in Boone Co. pond
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- A man who drowned in a private pond is the adult son of Columbia Fire Department battalion chief John Igleheart, authorities said.
Daniel Igleheart, 24, was found Monday in a pond south of Columbia. There was some indication he had been drinking before he drowned, sheriff's Sgt. Tom Reddin said.
John Igleheart discovered his son's shirt and shoes along the bank of a pond at the family home Monday afternoon. The pond was dragged before divers found the body in about 16 feet of water, authorities said.