- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police: Men chase woman, fire shots, apologize for mistaken ID when mom arrives (06/17/16)14
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
- Freshman from Southeast Missouri ropes in state title (06/16/16)
Man drowns in Boone Co. pond
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- A man who drowned in a private pond is the adult son of Columbia Fire Department battalion chief John Igleheart, authorities said.
Daniel Igleheart, 24, was found Monday in a pond south of Columbia. There was some indication he had been drinking before he drowned, sheriff's Sgt. Tom Reddin said.
John Igleheart discovered his son's shirt and shoes along the bank of a pond at the family home Monday afternoon. The pond was dragged before divers found the body in about 16 feet of water, authorities said.