- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Three teens charged in N.J. wildfire
TOMS RIVER, N.J. -- Three teens holding a beer party in the woods touched off a forest fire June 2 that charred 1,300 acres, forced hundreds of evacuations and shut down a stretch of the Garden State Parkway for nearly 12 hours, prosecutors charged Tuesday.
The three built an illegal campfire while celebrating a birthday.
The blaze forced the evacuation of 500 homes.