- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Speak Out A 06/25/02
I'D JUST Like to thank Jackson for all the city services, especially the free trash pickup. I see no problem with using bags rather than containers. I've used bags the last 13 years, and I've probably had critters get in to them once or twice and that's because I put them out the night before. Ever since, I put them out the morning of the pickup, and there's no problem. Thanks, guys.
I WISH Cape would follow the example of Marion, Ill., in terms of dogs that bark or otherwise pose a nuisance. Currently, excessive barking is only considered a nuisance between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. The policy is unfair to those who sleep during the day because they work a night shift. Cape should respond to the needs of all citizens, not allowing irresponsible dog owners to violate the civil liberties of others, at any time, day or night.
Power to the jocks
I THINK washed-up high school jocks have just as much power in society as those to whom a Speak Out caller referred to as band geeks and art nerds. The Bushes were baseball players. Gerald Ford was a college football player. Jack Kemp was a professional football player. Bill Bradley a pro basketball player. U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning was a Hall of Fame baseball pitcher. Band nerds usually end up playing second fiddle to the Neros of the world.