- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Speak Out A 06/25/02
I'D JUST Like to thank Jackson for all the city services, especially the free trash pickup. I see no problem with using bags rather than containers. I've used bags the last 13 years, and I've probably had critters get in to them once or twice and that's because I put them out the night before. Ever since, I put them out the morning of the pickup, and there's no problem. Thanks, guys.
I WISH Cape would follow the example of Marion, Ill., in terms of dogs that bark or otherwise pose a nuisance. Currently, excessive barking is only considered a nuisance between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. The policy is unfair to those who sleep during the day because they work a night shift. Cape should respond to the needs of all citizens, not allowing irresponsible dog owners to violate the civil liberties of others, at any time, day or night.
Power to the jocks
I THINK washed-up high school jocks have just as much power in society as those to whom a Speak Out caller referred to as band geeks and art nerds. The Bushes were baseball players. Gerald Ford was a college football player. Jack Kemp was a professional football player. Bill Bradley a pro basketball player. U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning was a Hall of Fame baseball pitcher. Band nerds usually end up playing second fiddle to the Neros of the world.