- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Speak Out A 06/25/02
I'D JUST Like to thank Jackson for all the city services, especially the free trash pickup. I see no problem with using bags rather than containers. I've used bags the last 13 years, and I've probably had critters get in to them once or twice and that's because I put them out the night before. Ever since, I put them out the morning of the pickup, and there's no problem. Thanks, guys.
I WISH Cape would follow the example of Marion, Ill., in terms of dogs that bark or otherwise pose a nuisance. Currently, excessive barking is only considered a nuisance between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. The policy is unfair to those who sleep during the day because they work a night shift. Cape should respond to the needs of all citizens, not allowing irresponsible dog owners to violate the civil liberties of others, at any time, day or night.
Power to the jocks
I THINK washed-up high school jocks have just as much power in society as those to whom a Speak Out caller referred to as band geeks and art nerds. The Bushes were baseball players. Gerald Ford was a college football player. Jack Kemp was a professional football player. Bill Bradley a pro basketball player. U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning was a Hall of Fame baseball pitcher. Band nerds usually end up playing second fiddle to the Neros of the world.