- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Man convicted in woman's death
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- A Carl Junction man was convicted Thursday of murder for slitting a woman's throat and dumping her body under a Greene County bridge.
A Greene County jury deliberated less than two hours Thursday before finding Leroy Norman guilty of second-degree murder and armed criminal action in the July 2000 death of Lauren Wallis, 34.
Prosecutors have recommended that Norman receive life in prison on both convictions.
Police believe Wallis was raped and then killed after getting a ride from Norman and Andy Kelly of Carthage.