- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
3 die in van-train crash
BUCKLIN, Mo. -- Three adults were killed and a 5-year-old girl was seriously injured Thursday when a motorist pulled into the path of a train, officers said.
The accident occurred when the mini-van, driven by Elizabeth Seymour, 58, of Olathe, Kan., collided with the Burlington Northern Sante Fe train. Killed were Seymour, Cheawwhean Brady, 79, of Brookfield, a friend, and Seymour's mother, Jeanne Baker, 79, of Weston. Seymour's granddaughter, Allison Seymour, also of Olathe, was flown to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, where she was listed in serious condition Thursday night.