- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
People talk 6/21/02
Vanna White seeks amicable divorce
LOS ANGELES -- "Wheel of Fortune's" Vanna White has filed for divorce from her husband of 11 years because of irreconcilable differences.
Her divorce petition, filed May 15 in Superior Court, indicates she and restaurateur George Santo Pietro separated in November. They were married in Aspen, Colo., on New Year's Eve 1990 and have two children, an 8-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl.
White seeks joint custody.
Mandela supports Olympic truce
ATHENS, Greece -- Former South African President Nelson Mandela offered support for Greece's campaign to foster an Olympic truce.
The idea seeks to pause world conflicts during the Olympiad.
--From wire reports